Vaastu Shastra is a developed branch of Indian Astrology for science of dwelling/architecture. They are the only part those are closely related to each other. Vaastu is interrelated with astrology. While buying a land, or making a building, entering a new house or office, we consider the 'Muhuratha' timings of starting of constructions, inauguration of house or commercial buildings.
All these things also depend on the horoscope of owner of land and building. Set up the doors, and other concerned things also should be done accordingly. All such knowledge, we get from the astrology and all these information's are necessary for us to have a peaceful, happy, healthy and wealthy life. Vaastu Shastra and Astrology has a great significance in our life and both Shastra provide maximum benefit and safety to the nature and environment around us.
Vaastu and Astrology are not directly connected but both have inherent symbolic relationship where one compliments the other. Although, Astrology is primarily concerned with influence of planets, their transits in different Zodiac/natal charts and their subtle influence ( positive or negative) on the human life affairs, still it's inclusive of the principles of the Vaastu-Science of Directional forces. As we know each planet, zodiac and star has a ruling planet and direction so we can say that Vasstu is an extension or manifestation of the Astrological principles of planetary energies in cosmos.
There is a relation between Vastu and the astrological planets -
||Living (Sitting) Room, Safe
||Worship Room, Living Room
||Living room, Bathroom (No Toilet)
||Master Bedroom, Heavy Storage
||Children’s Bedroom, Store Room, Study
||Guest room, Bathroom, Grain Storage Room
Planets and their effects on house -
- Sun : Sun is the soul (atmakaraka) besides being Pitrkaraka, and governing planet of the fifth sigh Leo of the zodiac. In Grhavastu, the window on the East should be such as to allow maximum sun-light, otherwise it will disturb the prosperity of a family.
- Moon : The left side of a house is indicative of mother or daughter. If the left window happens to be a puja room, women will enjoy divine perception, wisdom (Moon + Jupiter); in case a room is full of darkness with materials dumped, the house wife suffers ill-health.
- Mars and Venus : The Kitchen should be in south-East ( agneyi ). Mars is the planet ruling the south. But it is Venus who governs a kitchen. If a kitchen is situated opposite to a bedroom. Although there may a happiness, there will be ill-health. In some houses, where both the kitchen and bathroom are combined, great hardship is felt and earnings go the waste.
- Mercury : Mercury governs the North, verandah, hall vistors’ room and sit-out. If there is a puja room in the hall itself, the owner of the family enjoys great benefits from lands. If the hall is attached to bedroom, the house-wife will be earning well. If the hall suffers for want of ventilation or darkness, there will be immoral affairs and earnings through shady means.
- Jupiter : Jupiter rules the direction of North-East which is suited for proper puja room. Suppose the door is directly facing a puja room, even though there be hardship in life, later on one would enjoy prosperity.
- Saturn : it governs the West and is the best friend of Rahu. Rahu and Ketu represent main door and rear door, respectively. Food material stored in the West (store room, etc) is auspicious and leads to prosperity.
- Rahu : It governs the South-West. Unused materials, and toilets are good here as rahu governs the main door, the entrance door must be larger than the other doors.
- Ketu : The direction of ketu is also the North-East. Ketu governs small rear door, the bath rooms, ditches and staircase. If the staircase leading to the first floor is near the main door entrance, it indicates self-deception and is not auspicious.